Plans are firming up for the sequel to "Frozen," which is in the planning stages and is a definite "Go." Just to call it something for now, I'll call it "Frozen II." For those who need to know the obvious and not-so-obvious facts about the sequel:
- "Frozen II" (or whatever they choose to call it) will not be out before 2018 at the absolute earliest. Disney has three major feature films in line ahead of it and there simply isn't room on the schedule before then - and likely for some time afterwards. My own guess is that the sequel will appear during the holiday season in 2020, but it could be a year earlier or even later.
- Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel will both return.
- Jennifer Lee will return to direct.
- Olaf will return and probably get a new girlfriend - who may factor into the story significantly.
- The characters will have new costumes, certainly Elsa and almost certainly Anna.
Aside from that, everything is guesswork and will remain so until Disney releases a trailer or artwork, which likely won't be before 2018 at the earliest. While the prospect of a sequel is exciting, don't hold your breath, this isn't happening for some time yet.