The 102nd Tour de France promises to be an exciting race. it begins in Utrecht, Belgium, and of course finishes in Paris. Perhaps the most exciting moments will be in the Alpe d'Huez. An animation of the entire route is above.
There is an explanation of the entire Tour de France, from start to finish, here. Even if you think you know everything to know about le Tour de France, you might want to check that animation out, too. It is extremely informative and will help you to enjoy watching the race.
The race begins on July 4, 2015 and concludes in Paris on July 26, after travelling through Holland and Belgium. This will allow the race to roll past various World War One cemeteries and monuments and battlefields in northern France, such as Amiens and Cambrai, before travelling to north western France.
There is a long transfer to the Pyrenees, but the decisive moments will take place in the Alps. The penultimate stage will be the ascent to Alpe d'Huez, with its legendary 21 hairpin bends, before the ceremonial finish in Paris.
Tour de France 2015 details
- July 4, stage one: Utrecht, individual time trial, 13.7km
- July 5, stage two: Utrecht – Zélande, 166km
- July 6, stage three: Anvers – Huy, 154km
- July 7, stage four: Seriang – Cambrai, 221km
- July 8, stage five: Arras – Amiens Métropole, 189km
- July 9, stage six: Amiens – Le Havre, 191km
- July 10, stage seven: Livarot – Fougères, 190km
- July 11, stage eight: Rennes – Mûr-de-Bretagne, 719km
- July 12, stage nine: Vannes – Plumelec, team time trial, 28km
- July 13, rest day: Pau
- July 14, stage 10: Tarbes – La Pierre Saint-Martin, 167km
- July 15, stage 11: Pau – Cauterets-Vallée de Saint-Savin, 188km
- July 16, stage 12: Lannemazen – Plateau de Beille, 195km
- July 17, stage 13: Muret – Rodez, 200km
- July 18, stage 14: Rodez – Mende-Montée Laurent Jalabert, 178km
- July 19, stage 15: Mende – Valence, 182km
- July 20, stage 16: Bourg-de-Péage – Gap, 201km
- July 21, rest day: Gap/Digne-les-Bains
- July 22, stage 17: Digne-les-Bains – Pra-Loup, 161km
- July 23, stage 18: Gap – Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne, 185km
- July 24, stage 19: Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne – La Toussuire - Les Sybelles, 138km
- July 25, stage 20: Modane Valfréjus – Alpe d’Huez, 110km
- July 26, stage 21: Sèvres - Grand Paris Seine Ouest – Paris Champs-Élysées, 107km