Two of the hottest Blu-Ray releases this year are out. "Ernest & Celestine," the French animation that was nominated for an Academy Award, and "The Lego Movie" are both out on Blu-ray in record time.
Both collections have the usual extras, though maybe not as much as, say, a Disney Diamond Edition.
"Ernest & Celestine" includes in its two-disc Special Edition:
- Ernest & Celestine includes in its two-disc Special Edition:
- Making Of Featurette
- Feature-length Animatic
- Interview with Director Benjamin Renner
- In English with a Bonus French Audio
- Track and English Subtitles
- Target Exclusive includes the Blu-Ray and DVD, plus a Digital HD format and a 24-page activity book with stickers. Normal price is $27.99;
- There is an additional DVD 2-disc special edition, which has a wide-screen version of the film on one disc and a collection of special features on the other disc, price should be anywhere from $14.99 at Target to $28.98 at some video stores;
- A third version has both the Blu-ray and DVD and UltraViolet formats. It should run anywhere from $19.99 to $29.99.
The "Lego Movie" extras include the following:
- Get a brick’s-eye view of Emmet’s crazy adventures, then see how bricks were born in Bringing LEGO to Life! Have nonstop fun with a Director/Star Commentary, Outtakes, “Everything is Awesome” Sing-Along and Much More!
- Dream Job: Meet the LEGO Builders
Also out is a special edition Blu-ray/DVD/Ultraviolet release of "How to Train Your Dragon," a movie which of course has been on the shelves for many years, but this version has the usual three formats and other special bonus features. The special features include:
- New Episode Of DreamWorks Dragons: Defenders Of Berk
- Ultimate Book Of Dragons
- Trivia Track
- More Behind-The-Scenes Dragon Fun!
- Legend Of The BoneKnapper Dragon
- Deleted Scenes
- Filmmakers’ Commentary
Finally, just hitting the shelves as well is "Regular Show: The Complete Third Season." This includes:
- Episode Commentaries
- Four Things You Didn’t Know About J.G.
- J.G. Answers Why
- Characters Come to Life: Live Episode Read
So there's now a lot more out there to spend your money on!