Adsense Large Leaderboard

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"Butterfly" Architecture Animation

Butterfly house Thi Lima animatedfilmreviews.filminspector.com


BUTTERFLY - THE SHORT FILM - BY THI LIMA | DESIGN, 3D & ANIMATION from thilima3d on Vimeo.


We are going through the different uses of animation - entertainment, science, medicine, etc. - an one that does not necessarily spring to mind as one of those uses is architecture.

But, indeed, animation can be quite useful in architecure, and the animation created can be quite lovely, even poetic. You may make your own judgment on that score after viewing the animation, this is simply an interesting animation that shows a fertile area for animation development.

Butterfly house Thi Lima animatedfilmreviews.filminspector.com


This artist, by Thiago Lima, is a rendering of a beautiful house. The animation is so splendid that you may not even realize which parts are animated and which are not. But whether you enjoy something like this is up to you, not me.

The idea was to create a house whose shape was inspired by that of a butterfly. Not something that is all that common in architecture, which is all angles and straight lines, whereas butterflies are curved and non-linear.

As the artist describes it:

"This is a FULL 3D ANIMATION
ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN, MODELING, SHADING, TEXTURE, LIGHTING, RENDERING, POST PROCESS, VISUAL EFFECTS, MUSIC PRODUCTION
***BY THIAGO LIMA***
INFORMAÇÕES SOBRE O CURSO 3D - BUTTERFLY
THE CONCEPT OF BUTTERFLY HOUSE

When I was just a kid, I´ve been painting some butterfly in a nice way, the method consist in draw just in one side of the paper then close the both sides to have a mirrored image. The most common image was a butterfly.

This thing keep in my mind until these days. I ever think about create some new architecture using this mirror idea to create a new image. A lot of kind of solutions passed through my mind but I never did, until now.

I was really really tired to see the same kind of 3D architectural images: Box house on middle of trees or just lofts with same furniture. So I mixed this two problems and thought in a solution., using the butterfly main idea. It was just think "outside the box".

95% of the models was made by myself and the other 5% are premade models."

Butterfly house Thi Lima animatedfilmreviews.filminspector.com


One of our objectives is to get people excited about animation - so excited that they will come back here and click on our ads! But also, if anyone is inspired to study architecture or some other discipline because of what they see on a site like this, that would be beyond wonderful.

Keep your eyes open, people have chosen careers and changed the world based on less.


2014

No comments:

Post a Comment