|"The Good Dinosaur"|
"The Good Dinosaur" is another dinosaur film from the Disney empire. Inevitably, it will be compared to 2000's "Dinosaur." Undoubtedly Pixar would have used that earlier name, but it was taken.
"The Good Dinosaur" is set for a November 25, 2015 release. It is sure to be that Thanksgiving's major animated film in circulation.
This film has been a rare problem for Pixar. Bob Peterson, who came up with the idea for the story and directed the film until August 2013, was released for reasons unknown. Usually when that happens, it is because the director has a view of the film that the studio finds incompatible with other objectives - perhaps it was taking too long, or he wanted it to be a grander film than the studio wished to nurture. However, the possibilities are endless as to the true reason for Peterson's replacement.
The official synospis:
"The Good Dinosaur asks the generations-old question: What if the cataclysmic asteroid that forever changed life on Earth actually missed the planet completely and giant dinosaurs never became extinct? The film is a humorous and exciting original story about Arlo, a lively 70-foot-tall teenage Apatosaurus with a big heart. After a traumatic event rattles Arlo''s tranquil community, he sets out on a quest to restore peace, gaining an unlikely companion along the way - —a young human boy named Spot."
The cast could change, but as of this date the voice actors are:
We will report new developments as we learn of them.
- Lucas Neff as Arlo, the youngest of the Apatosaurus family
- John Lithgow as Poppa, father of the Apatosaurus family
- Frances McDormand as Momma, mother of the Apatosaurus family
- Neil Patrick Harris as Cliff, middle-sibling of the Apatosaurus family
- Judy Greer as Ivy, middle-sibling of the Apatosaurus family
- Bill Hader as Forrest, older brother of the Apatosaurus family